Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chicago


I was in Chicago for training last week. We stayed about 25 miles from the city and the training was also out of town as well. I flew out Monday, had training Tuesday through Thursday and was scheduled to come home on Friday. The original plan was to have training on Friday as well, but we put in a killer 12 hour day on Thursday and finished up training so we would have Friday to do something downtown.
We drove into Chicago and paid $16 to park and walked down the Navy Pier and walked back. We didn't even buy a hotdog. We did drive by the fountain that is in the opening credits of Married with Children. As soon as I saw it that music was stuck in my head.
Next we went to the Sears Tower. We paid $19 to park there and $16 to go up the elevator to the top. It was worth it though. That is an impressively tall building. When you are outside you look at it and think, "yeah, that is tall and is taller than the other buildings" but you really appreciate it when you go up and are looking down at the other buildings around. I was looking down at one building and there were some people on the roof. The people looked tiny, then I looked down to the ground and those people were teeny tiny! It really was quite a sight. I also saw the new Trump Tower that was being built. The winner from the first season of The Apprentice chose that project as his prize, so it was neat to see.
My next two training trips coming up are in Powell, Tennessee. I've never been there, and it could be cool, but I think I would rather go back to Chicago to see more since we didn't have much time at all to do fun things.

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Chicago is cool! Next time hit the Art Institute and the Aquarium--they're both close to the fountain and Navy Pier. Glad you had a great time!