Friday, May 9, 2008

The First Real Post

I think I'm done testing and ready to really unveil the blog. I'm on the phone now with Mom trying to help her get to the site and teach her how to post herself.

The idea for this blog is to have a central location for the family to post and update everyone with what is going on in their lives. I know we all are busy and some of us have our own blogs we post to, but maybe we can just drop in here and post some quick things from time to time. Then Mom and Dad, Grandma, Lois, Paul and Dory, etc. can have one place to go to and see what everyone is up to.

I'll get invites sent out to anyone that is interested in adding their own posts.

2 comments:

Linda said...

This is great--thanks, Darin.
Best of luck to you, Rikki, at the boutique tomorrow. I wish I were there to help you.
We will pick up Aunt Nadia on Sunday and she will leave on May 22nd. Then Suzanne and her family will be here for the Memorial Day weekend. We will probably go to SLC again during the first week in June and bring Jamie, Maddy, and Chase to Cedar to spend the two weeks David will be working in the desert with us and the Jones family.
We talked to LeeAnn tonight and it sounds like she has had a good trip. There is a chance we will see her on Sunday.
Love to all, Mom

Linda said...

I read a science/fiction/murder mystery that was "ponder-worthy". It takes place in 2060--about fifty years in the future. People are still driving cars (and having a hard time finding places to park); going to work, etc. The AutoChef wasn't clearly explained, but it is some method of electronic food preparation. According to this author, people will still be eating steak, pizza and chocolate. And drinking coffee. At one point a cop is "jonesing for coffee." I don't know that phrase and guess it means cadging some coffee. Cola (and other pop) is available in vending machines, but instead of cans it comes in tubes which were not described. I imagine they are similar to Capri Sun foil packets that fit nicely in your fist.
Some of the slang was the same as today. A cop who had been working long and hard on a case said when it was finished she was going to "veg until she grew mold."
I don't recommend the book, but it was a good exercise in thinking of everyday life in the future.
There are a lot of centennials--people over one hundred years old. It said eighty is the new sixty. I hope that part comes true when I reach eighty.
Do you have any ideas about everyday life in 2060?